Pumpkin Pie Smoothie ~ 1 serving
I’ve noticed that all the coffee shops are serving seasonal new fangled lattes, frapuccinos, and sugary drinks for the fall and figured it was time to invent a healthy, home made alternative. I stuck to my basic smoothie recipe and tweaked it with some different ingredients. I used a high quality non-dairy protein powder sweetened with stevia. Combined with the almond milk, extra vanilla, pumpkin, & spices, the flavor was outstanding AND made me feel like I was in the “fall spirit”. It came out very well. Enjoy!
- 1 scoops dairy free vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 3 TB pumpkin (I used organic unsweetened from a can)
- 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, ground cloves)
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cinnamon stick to garnish
- Fresh grated nutmeg–adds extra zip!
Combine protein powder, almond milk, vanilla, chia seeds, pumpkin, spices, and ice together in a blender. Blend until icy smooth. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and sprinkle some spice on top.