This gluten free recipe was created by my dear friend & guest blogger, Lauren Goss, aka “The Holiday Mamasita”. You may check out her blog at holidaymamasita.blogspot.com
makes 12 parfaits
- 4 cups rinsed, hulled and sliced organic strawberries
- 12 strawberries, washed and completely dried
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbs. confectioner’s sugar (with a mixer, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Don’t over mix. On low, add the vanilla and sugar, just to blend.)
- 16 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
Get out 12 nice stemmed glasses. Presentation is important with this one. Layer the strawberries and whipped cream, starting with the strawberries and ending with the whipped cream. Cover each glass with plastic wrap, place on a tray and put them in the fridge.
With a bain marie or double boiler, simmer water in a pan while stirring chocolate slowly, in a glass dish, sitting over the water.
When chocolate is almost completely melted, remove from heat continuing to stir until smooth.
Dip the paper towel dried strawberries into melted chocolate to cover most of the strawberry and set on wax paper lined tray to harden.
When ready to serve, remove plastic wrap from glasses and add a chocolate dipped strawberry on top.
~ gluten free decadence