- Braised Green Beans & Fennel
- Serves 6
- 1 TB olive oil
- 3 slices bacon, diced -you may also use pancetta cubes (omit if going vegan)
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 6 cloves sliced garlic
- 2 pounds green beans, rinsed, ends trimmed
- 1 cup chicken stock (veggie stock if going vegan)
- 1 tsp French grey salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
On stove top, add olive oil to a large deep skillet and heat to medium. Once oil is hot, add bacon (or pancetta) cook until browned, ab out 5 minutes. Add fennel & garlic. Cook until fennel is translucent, about 4 minutes. Add green beans to combine with bacon, fennel, & garlic. Increase heat to medium high and add the chicken stock. As soon as the stock begins to boil, place the lid on the pan and cook the beans for about 6 minutes. Remove the lid, season the beans with the salt and pepper, and toss well. Replace the lid and cook until the beans are tender, 1 or 2 minutes longer.
Remove from the heat and transfer the beans to a serving dish or small platter.