- 8 firm fuyu persimmons, sliced
- 1 pomegranate – little jewels
- 1/4 cup walnuts broken in pieces
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves torn apart (not chopped)
- Juice from 2-3 limes
- 4 TB Walnut oil
- 1/2-1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp French grey sea salt
- OPTIONAL: Only if you eat dairy…
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Feta Cheese
- Slice persimmons as shown.
- Break apart 1 pomegranate – I wear food prep gloves so my hands don’t get stained. Put fruit in bowl & set aside.
- In small bowl, combine lime juice, walnut oil, cumin & sea salt. Mix together and pour over fruit.
- Gently & carefully toss so not to split the pos fruit.
- Toast walnuts in oven or in pan for a crunch & poppin’ walnut flavor!Sprinkle with cilantro & walnuts.
- Sprinkle with cilantro & walnuts.
- If you can tolerate dairy products, the feta is a nice option–sprinkle on top.
Note: the walnut oil is what makes this stand above the rest-I have made this with extra virgin olive oil and it’s good, but the walnut oil kicks a** when it comes to this salad.