- 1 lb ground beef OR turkey
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 c chopped onion
- 2 c diced zucchini and/or yellow squash
- 1/2 c diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 c diced red bell pepper
- 2 TB chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 TB chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 29 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 16 oz can kidney beans, drained
- 1 16 oz can black beans OR white kidney beans
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Fry ground beef or turkey in a frying pan until browned.
- Drain fat and throw in large pot.
- Sautee onion, zucchini & bell pepper in same pan for about 3 -5 min-throw in pot.
- Add all other ingredient into pot-spices, jalapeno, tomatoes,,beans etc.
- Mix together–turn pot up to med high, bring to a rolling boil, then turn heat to low and cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- Ready to serve.
Tastes even better the next day after all the spices have blended. This is a great recipe to make ahead of time.
OPTIONAL: add 4 TB of gluten free masa flour to thicken up.
VEGANS: Omit the meat and add 1 more cup zucchini & 1 more cup beans